Why should I become a WAIE member?
- Do you want to learn more about the International Education field?
- Do you want to collaborate with your colleagues in Wisconsin?
- Are you passionate about topics relating to international students, international scholars, English language learners, and students studying abroad?
- Do you like things that are FREE?
Then complete the WAIE Member Application to get the latest news about the annual conference, grants, job postings, and more!
The benefits of becoming a member of a state-based international education organization like WAIE include but are not limited to:
- Affordability (it is FREE!)
- Networking opportunities
- Opportunities to attend the monthly What’s Up, Wisconsin?! roundtables
- Professional development – opportunities to attend workshops and trainings, to present at conferences, and to serve on a leadership team; colleagues in the field, graduate students and K-12 staff members who often have limited budgets to travel and attend conferences and workshops through NAFSA attend our conference and full-day workshops.
- Representation to NAFSA Region V – The Chair-Elect of WAIE serves as NAFSA’s Wisconsin representative on the Region V Team.
- Grants for members to attend NAFSA regional conferences, WAIE conferences, NAFSA Advocacy Days, and other trainings as they come up.